How can I keep my 22 month old entertained for 2 hours a day at someone's house?

I babysit after school in thier home. My son has no interest in one toy for more than 5 minutes and I really don't want to drag his whole toy box over there. He loves to color so I have crayons and paper and that might last 10-20 minutes. He plays games on my laptop for maybe 10 minutes until he goes crazy and starts beating the keyboard. Any other ideas for things that will hold his attention? Once it is warm enough we will be outside a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• favoriet snack and favorite video.... mine liked animal crackers and baby neptune. it was good for at least the first hour... and believ it or not, an empty 20oz bottle... he was entertained for hours with it.. making sounds on different surfaces and kicking it around... bless him...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• The over sized Lego's are great for hours of fun. You can even help him put them together, teach him colors, count them, ect. Snack time, coloring with crayons or markers, read books. I think 2 hours a day is worth keeping a box of toys and creative activities there permanently.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You could take a whole toy box. You could keep a box of toys in your car for at the other house. Every week you could rotate toys so that the toys in the box don't get old. You could include things that aren't toys that your son likes to play with. My grandson loves these two bamboo salad forks I got on sale for a quarter at Walgreens. He plays with those more than expensive toys. I like the empty box idea.

I used to take toys when I babysat at other people's house, when I led mom support group meetings, or for my youngest when we went to homeschooling group meetings for my older kids. It worked well for me.

Family Fun has a good website and may have ideas.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• pots and pans can keepem busy for a whie
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2010