What do you do when you are down in the dumps,

life seems to suck and you see no relief on the horizon? Arrgh! I am so frustrated...broke, hate my husband and have a generally bleak outlook

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sleep... It's my only escape.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Take a walk outside, sit in nature for a while..Yoga always helps me as well..Or reading a good book will take your mind off things..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Do something to work towards changing the situation. It gives you realistic hope that things won't always be that way. If I'm broke I think of things to do that don't rely on money like the library outings with myself or the kids and free dates I can do with my husband. I even clip coupons from the paper and online to relieve the financial stress and know that I'm contributing.
    Identify whats going on with you hating your husband...thats no way to live a life together. I tend to focus on what HE can do to change but think about what you can do..and then do it. There are many temorary fixes..but the lasting ones will get you closer to joy.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• SIt on CM.... or run to my mom to cry and vent and she somehow makes me feel better, then eat til my fatass feels worse about that ..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Look around you and you will always find someone else in a much worse situation, this always does it for me.

Answer by older at 11:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh yes...reading a good fiction book is a great escape. And the library is free. Or take up a hobby like gardening that will put money back in your families pocket AND give you some peace. Learn something new through a book. Whether its learning how to sew something or learning about a historical event it always feels good to take in knowledge.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I Have yet to try the YOGA myself, that's something I really want to do.I  try to change my sit to a stand my still to a move.If I realize I don't have enough support I start taking a aerobics class, art class, find a great Journal 'Buy it ' & use it, when I write my feelings down I feel like I'm letting them go for the most part.I sometimes write out a PRO'S & CON'S list. When all else fails I go shopping.  But move a muscle change a thought can be put to anyone with any situation.It works if you work it.' HUGS GET up put some music on & GET SILLY.Laugh at yourself.Everyone has a Zany side, Ya' just gotta find it. Remember that you are just as good as everyone else &  Better, so go do something.*HUGS*

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Life sucks and then you die. Sorry about your husband. Trade him in on a new model? Go it alone?

I have pets. I meditate. I seek out nature. We used to live in this great town that had many lakes that had been created by glaciers. There are many city parks. One was where two lakes met with a channel that connected them for boats to cross. That's where dog people went.

I had a big lab mix dog. We went to the park every day, even in winter when the lakes froze. My dog loved it. There was a hill, the water was shallow in parts for wading, a bridge over the channel, and a path through the woods. We would go for meditative hikes. I miss it. I miss my dog. He died of cancer when he was 10. I gave him the best dog life ever.

I live in the desert now with a little poodle, 3 cats, and 2 foster kittens. We have a pool and I swim & float. I have a grandson to love that I see almost every day. No husband!

Spring is coming.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I clean, or watch a funny movie I keep my self busy.. but this only works temporarily you & your hubby need to go to marriage counseling if your going to be happy together. You can't escape feeling like you hate him.. ask yourself why & is it hate or just anger..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• listen to loud music...or go to bed and cry!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010