Why do you belive in miracles?

Has one happend to you or do you know someone who has had one happen to them? What were the circumstances and are you sure you can rule out coincidence, medical or scientific explainations?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Today's "miracles" are TOMORROW's science.
    Anonymous

• I believe in miracles because I saw my son.. Although he passed away shortly after birth due to birth defects.. When I looked at him, I knew he was a miracle.. Not just science or anything like that. It's a miracle that we can birth children.. If you don't believe in miracles then you are obviously not a mother because how could you look your children in the face and not think they are miracles!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• While you can rule out medical and scientific explanations, you will never be able to rule out coincidence. People accept miracles on faith.

I have one, she's three now, almost 4. :)
    AissasMom

Answer by AissasMom at 11:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Why can't they accept them as coincidence then? Does saying something is a miracle make it sound better? Does saying it came from some divine intervention make it more believable or significant then if it was just a coincidence? *by the way... before someone says something about spelling errors, I know I spelled believe wrong in the title of the post!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Anon, babies are a biological and natural product of sex between a man and a woman. I see nothing miraculous in it but that doesn't mean I don't love my children.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I believe in miracles and have seen them. That is enough for me. If others want to look to science or other rational and thats cool. I just accept that everything around us is a basic miracle because I dont believe it was pure chance that created the world just right when there were so many other planets life didnt happen on, or atleast not on the level we see here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i do. when i was about 5mths preg. i began to bleed once a week, when i went to the doctor she sent me for an ultrasound right away. My placenta was bleeding. she called me and told me that there was a very small chance of the baby making it and that i should prepare myself. I cried my eyes out then I started to pray and pray and pray. I went back a week later for another ultrasound to see what has happened and the radiologist and the OB couldnt explain why my placenta all of a sudden stopped bleeding and there was no evidence of the placenta even bleeding in the first place. They kept comparing my first ultrasound and the second and they just couldnt believe it.
    Anonymous

• how about the lady and her newborn that both died and the doctors couldnt bring them back and they all of a sudden started breathing on their own and the doctors couldnt figure out how that happened.
    Anonymous

• I have seen miracles. Many in my short life. The fact that I am alive today is a miracle in itself! After my attempted suicide when I was 16... I should be dead, but God has a plan and a purpose for my life and I am grateful for it every day!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I do. There are always situations where all other reasoning has been ruled out for a certain event. However, I have never been a party to one. That doesn't mean I have no basis for belief... I've never seen a tornado but I know they exist... Same type of deal for miracles. I know they happen, there is proof, I just haven't seen one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010