What to do with my time?

My boys are gone. Now what am i going to do with my time? I have been a stay at home mom for years and don't know what to do with all my free time. I started looking for work but with this economy jobs are few and far between. Any ideas ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go back to college. You could go for fun or start a career. You could take online courses, there are TV courses, or go to regular college classes. Students are all ages. If you don't already have a 4 year degree you may be able to get grants to cover all of your tuition and free money left over. In some states older people can attend some community colleges for free if classes aren't full.

I'm 53 and all my children are grown but they didn't go far away. I have a toddler grandson I care for about 60 hours a week. I'm still busy, sometimes too busy.

I know what you mean about finding a job when you are older. I have master's degrees but haven't worked in a long time. I can't even substitute teach for the local school system because you have to have worked in the last 5 years. Does that make sense. They said they may let me if I got letters from 5 professors. My professors are dead!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I got a gret at home job if your intrested dosn't cost a dime to start message me if intrested :)
    famedcheeze

Answer by famedcheeze at 12:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Are you looking for work because you need a job or because you're looking for a way to spend your days? If you're just looking for something to keep your mind and hands occupied, why not volunteer? Many area organizations for seniors, food pantries, etc. appreciate any volunteer help they can get.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Have you thought about working from home? I work from home, I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 11 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You could volunteer your time. There are plenty of charities out there that would love your help.

The job market is very tough at the moment.
    I am working my home based business whilst looking for another job. At this point I may not have to go back to work.

If you are open to working for yourself then the next step is to find something you are passionate about.

I love my products, company and what I do. I would be happy to bounce ideas around with you if you would like.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would go back tio school. I did when I was 45 and loved it. I went full time and got straight A's....when you are older....uhh...more mature, school is more enjoyable and the grades are better. Or you could volunteer as others suggested. Good luck!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You could volunteer or go back to school. I sell Avon, it's a company that allows me to work and have time for the important things. check out my profie if you want more info or my website is c-theavonlady.com. You could also clean houses if you like to do that sort of thing.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 3:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Do volunteer work
    Go back to school
    Start a business

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I came a cross Freedom United when I was looking for a way to work at home. They helped me stay home with my four children. Up until now, I only found scams and lots of them. If you are motivated, you can make money at home. Fortunately, there are NO selling, parties or delivering of products. Not to mention we've teamed up with a wellness company that is 100% "GREEN". We have lots of team support! Request information at www.familiesrok.com. Free yourself from the fear of financial dependency of the economy!
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 8:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Be a part of a growing community of women who have Discovered a better way to achieve their Financial, Family and Personal Goals. If you are looking to:

*Own your own business,
    *Replace your current income,
    *Add to your income or
    *Simply save some money….

I have partnered with a Company that invites us to Help expand their market share throughout North America and Internationally—right from the comfort of my own home. This is a business with:

*No Investment
    *No inventory
    *No Selling
    *No overhead
    *No Employees
    *No stress…

You are in business for yourself—but not by yourself. We work together through teamwork towards one common goal. “To improve the quality of our lives”

At heart, we’re a group of conscientious shoppers (now over 500,000 strong) who believe that the products we use everyday should help make our homes, our family, an
    mommy2egg

Answer by mommy2egg at 10:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2010