treadmill or elyptical?

i'm looking to buy one so which one do you think is better? and if you know where i can find the best deal that would be helpful too! thanks!

rahrahsmama

Asked by rahrahsmama at 11:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I bought a treadmill because it was cheaper. I would love to have an elyptical. It is better for you knees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Check out craigslist, so many people buy exercise equipment only to watch it catch dust, so your buying a new piece of equipment. For me personally I say elliptical, you can set it to harder settings and there is no joint impact. With the tread mill I would feel joint pain. Go to a gym for a day and try them out.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i would go with the elyptical....if ya wanna walk or run, you can do that outside. but personally i love elypticals, i find theyre more fun then they are working out..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Elliptical because you get a full body work out, burn way more calories, and have fun. I bought mine on Craigslist for half the price of the same one in the store. I actually just got a gym membership and I'm reselling on there too.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i went to a sports place and the guy told me that both are great but that the elliptical doesnt put pressure on your knees, but that they were both great workouts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• thanx for your answers!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I LOVE my treadmill :) I got it for $150 bucks. Heard through the grapevine someone had it for sale!!

I want to build endurance inside to be able to run outside with out looking like a dork LOL!!!! Or "look at that fat girl trying to run"

Also I *know* myself and I won't run outside unless the weather is right for it. I also like that I can run with out leaving the kids home alone (while I run on OUR street) or waiting for hubby to get home!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 12:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• ellyptical for sure
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I agree with elliptical...............you can do it backwards and work other muscle groups. Just don't buy a cheap one, because they rock back and forth a bit.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010