tubes tied

i got my tubes tied and i can't start my period

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• How long has it been? Did you just have a baby?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• So, why is that a bad thing?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Call your doctor ask for an ultrasound once your're there even on the phone explaining that it' ex long and you don't have your period yet.. Did your doctor tell you you should start within the next month? I had my tubes tied during my last section. I breast fed and didn't get my period for about a year even though I supplemented with formula. So I didn't get my period for some time after tube tying.

Don't be afraid to call your doctor and get checked. There are sometimes that women get pregnant with tied tubed. Could you be pregnant? It's not often but it does happen.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Maybe the procedure didn't take and you are pregnant? I have heard of that before.
    Anonymous

• Did you use backup birth control for the month after you had your tubes tied?

If not, I'd go out and buy a cheap pregnancy test. If that's negative, don't sweat it. It'll come when it comes. :)
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 2:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• One has nothing to do with the other. Your tubal does not dictate your menstural cycle. Call you doctor if you are concerned. If you just had a baby, it can take some time for you to start...or you may even require some meds to help you start. After my first son was born, I did not start for months..they finally game me a med that helped. Good luck
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010