Why can you not diet during pregnancy?

I'm not talking about taking diet pills or any special shakes. Just a diet, cutting out certain foods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eating Healthy is important during pregnancy. Cutting out junk foods, soda, caffinated drinks, excess sugary or salty foods can be good for you. However, Dieting in itself isn't. Dieting causes weight loss. Eating healthy helps you maintain a healthy weight and also gives lots of goodies to your little bean.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• As long as you eat the right amount of calories and vitamins then its fine to cut out certain foods. People "diet" all the time when they are pregnant. What kind of foods are you talking about?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• OP: I'm a fast food addict lmao and I LOVE pizza!! I want to stop eating Tortillas as well (I'm Hispanic) and I cut out pop already too.

Anonymous

• go for it! Just make sure you're getting plenty of the GOOD stuff! Lot's of fresh fruit and veggies, whole grains, legumes. I think it's not a good idea to try to LOSE weight during pregnancy. If you're eating the right food, your body will know how much to gain. Trust it!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• OP: Thanks so much! It's going to be hard lol but I have to do it.

Anonymous

• you can if your overweight. They put my friend on one and she lost 20 pounds throughout her pregnancy. They put her on a diabetic diet.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Like others said, just eat healthy!! And you CAN lose weight in your pregnancy and still be healthy. It really depends on how overweight you are when you get pregnant. I lose during all my pregnancies because I eat healthy and am overweight. My doctor was always pleased.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Just eat healthy food...stop going to fast food joints and restaurants. Cook at home. Eat smaller portions. ELiminate sugary sodas. Eat veggies and chicken or fish. Baked potatoes---no french fries or packaged meals. No desserts, except maybe some healthy fruit that is not sweetened.. Don't eat donuts,sweet rolls, baked goods with bad fats and too much High Fructose corn syrup. Drink lots of water. That is not so hard to do....and your baby will also benefit! Good luck!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• well honey no one will ever tell you to go eat a bucket of fried chicken. if that is what you are talking about. cutting out unhealthy foods --- go for it. your baby will be better for it. but dont let yourself stay hungry ... you will never lose the weight being preggo but you can tone up your legs, arms, etc..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You actually should cut to certain foods...the ones that are bad for you. This is most important time in your life to eat for nutritional value. However, you goal shouldn't be to lose weight.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010