What can I expect on my first doctors visit?

My first doctors visit is tomorrow what can I expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They typically weight you and measure your height, then they will do a urine test to check protine levels, etc. There's usually a lot of paper work with the first visit, blood work too. Paps typically happen either the 1st or 2nd visit. Your doc may do an internal ultrasound... mine did with my first, but I have a diff doc this time and she didn't do an ultrasound until I was 12wks. Won't listen for a heartbeat until about 12 wks in either. It's a pretty routine check up, I just hate the blood work.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 11:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• probably a pap and an internal u/s to see if they can see the baby depending on how far along you are.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• all doctors are different. my doctor did an internal ultrasound to check the exact stage of pregnancy on the first visit. if you smoke they will ltalk about quiting and tell you about coffee and soda and things that are bad for your baby. and they will get your initial weight to go by for the rest of the pregnancy. they also check blood pressure and ask for a medical history and possibly the blood test for rh factor, hiv, hep. even if you know you dont have these things they usually do the tests anyway to be safe.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• A vaginal exam, questions, urine test, and blood test.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010