What was the worst job you've ever had, and why was is horrible?

Most of us, even stay at home mom's have had some type of job at some point in time. What is the worst one you've ever had?

My worst job, ever, was a cashier at Target. It was HORRIBLE hours, horrible pay, boring, and I passed out twice from standing in one place without moving for 8 hours! (They didn't give us our breaks!).

What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I worked in the kitchen at a nursing home. The ovens were on all the time and there wasn't any air conditioning. We use to joke that "this must be what hell feels like". The kitchen manager hated me and I swear she killed me in her mind every day.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I worked at a minute mart for a week...they were trying to train me to cut potatoes, deep fry them, and then CLEAN THE DEEP FRYER...it was absolutely DISGUSTING...I was fired because "my heart wasn't in it"...Damn straight it wasn't...lol.. I couldn't argue with that...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i worked at mcdonalds for a week. i quit because it felt so degrading. not to dis anyone else because more power to you if you can handle this but i couldnt. i worked in a hospital as a caretaker.....the things that the nurses didnt want to do basicly and people were thankful for me. they appreciated the things i did for them. at mcdonalds i knew how bad the food is for people and that noone was greatful for my work. i needed to feel needed and like i was helping someone but i felt like god im helping make america the fatest country in the world.....yay me!
    Anonymous

• Walmart... Terrrrrible! The managers were rude and horrible. they sat at the McDonalds in walmart and watched people and not doing their jobs... They would yell at me everyday because I wouldnt get my department zoned properly.. Only because I was always being pulled from my department to help in everyone elses. I would have to do door greeting and fitting room, freight watch they even put me in women and mens wear! I had no Idea where anything was. I was in my department on average about 20 minutes a day and they had the nerve to say I wasnt doing my job! How am I supposed to do MY job AND everyone elses???? ugh!
    Anonymous

• I worked as a Teller in a little bank in a town down south and the supervisor was nuts. She caused so many people to quit or ask for a transfer that the bank got a bad reputation. She was really an evil person.One of the ladies was of a religion that did not celebrate Birthdays or Christmas but the supervisor decorated that lady's teller window with Christmas decorations and said she would have to get used to it and celebrate like everyone else. Ugh. And that was just one little example. There were others. I quit after about 6 months and I was sooooo happy!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• worst job by far was working down at the beach at a lil souvenier/icecream shop. it was terrrrrrible!! during the summer yaaa it wouldve been awesome!! super busy, lotsa hot guys, LOL, but i worked there in march-april, and where i live ppl dont go to the beach until june..because it doesnt get warm until then...and yaaaa working for 8hrs there seemed like FOREVER!! amd to make it worse, their music source was one of those lil boxes that have 20 different song samples, that plays like 20 seconds of one song from one cd....and ppl can press the button to hear the demo...OH MY GOD!!!!! it just kept goin over and over and over!!!!! sooooooooooo annoying!!! and the store was BRAND NEW so there was no cleaning to be done, but yet they had me literally, EVERY DAY take everything off the shelves, wipe ot down and put it back up..yaaa there was nothing else to do!! it sucked..literally in an 8hr day there was maybe 10 customers!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Working at an injection plastic factory. It was hard, horrible, noisy work with ridiculous hours for bad pay. I lasted a month and a half.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Junior high janitor...including the boys bathroom. 'Nuf said. No futher explanation neccessary.

Soliciting to passersby in a mall. Trying to coerce people walking by my kiosk to switch to T-Mobile and buy our plans and phones. NOT FUN!!!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Taco Bell. I LOVE their food, but hate how they manage their employees. We were taught to do EVERYTHING, instead of teaching certain people to do certain jobs. I was GREAT on the cash register, but horrible at prep station. Another girl was great at the prep, but horrible at the register. They often put me on prep and her on register, making the line move slowly on both ends. Then ontop of that I generally didn't like the job at all. I liked the people, just hated working there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Hmm.. which one? There was the bar/dance club - after 2 days of "training" they put me and one other girl (who had been there a week) ALONE on a Sun night (one of the busiest nights of the week) to handle this huge place with a tournament-size billiards room, and three bars. Nice.

Then there's Staples... during back to school time. *shivers* I still have nightmares.

Then there's the hotel. I hated it, there was NOTHING to do but sit on my butt for 8 hours at a time... then I got "let go" because it seemed like I was "bored". No, really??
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2010