Question for smokers: Do you ever smoke in "no smoking" areas? If you do, would you be pissed if I reported you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• I smoke. I also respect those who dont. I will/have gone out of my way like going to the parking lot to light up. As a smoker, I hate the smell, too. I dont smoke in my house or in people's houses who do. I am sooooo ready to quit the cancer stix!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I don't smoke now, I used to. I never smoked in no smoking areas.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• interesting question.... I used to smoke. and never in no smoking areas.... I am strange I have always hated cigatrette smoke it stinks so bad!! but i smoked... only in my backyard at home... or at the bar.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 12:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I used to smoke--always in areas that allowed smoking--and I would not be happy if someone smoked in a non-smoking area. I just don't think I would "report" them. There seems tio be a lot of talk about reporting going on here at CAFE Mom.....
    Smokers should quit tho.
    Anonymous

• OP here: I was in the hospital the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. When I would go outside, there were people smoking ALL AROUND the hospital in no-smoking zones. I hated breathing the stuff. I finally mentioned it to a security guard, but he just said it happens and we can't keep up with it. I'm sure the people would have been really mad if they knew I narked on 'em.
    Anonymous

• Thats ridiculous to smoke all around a hospital!! There is a reason for smoking areas.... and they are usually nice with tables to sit at and everything, idk why some people insist on smoking right outside the door!!! Who cares if they would have been mad, they were in the wrong. Sorry Im having a sleep deprived moment! but its true
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 7:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• At the hospital near my home there is no smoking anywhere on the campus..You are not allowed to even smoke in your car in the parking lot!! We always see the nurses and some vistors actually crossing the street to have a cig..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have zero sympathy for smokers. At this point most if not all of them knew the health effects before they started. I would absolutely report it. On a happy note, my dad who started smoking in the 50s, and then smoked for 40 something years quit in one month using Chantix!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010