How to teach your child how to write in cursive?

What would be the easiest to teach or does anyone know of any sites?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If your child is going to attend school they will probably be teaching them a certain type of script so you may want to find out what it is so you can teach your child how they will be writing in school...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Cursive starts in 3rd grade so around 8-9 years old. Most schools pick which form they are going to teach so it is important to make sure you use the same type of cursive so your child isnt confused. Or a better question is are you homescholing? Probably shouldnt assume your child is in school.

This site should help http://www.handwritingforkids.com/handwrite/cursive/animation/uppercase.htm

I also bought the lined handwritting paper at walmart for practice and workbooks that went along with what the school teaches for practice over the summer.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My DD goes to private school and they started her in cursive in Kindergarden. She is doing well. Kids are sponges, they soak up everything. We make a fun game out of her doing her own valentines, get well cards if someone is sick, birthday cards etc.. in cursive, so she is learning and having fun.
    (The teacher gave us a slant guide for additional help at the beginning of the year)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My daughter was in the first class in her elementary school that did not learn cursive. Kids are able to do so much of their schoolwork on computers, you are better off getting a good keyboarding software, like Mavis Beacon

Answer by rkoloms at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My eldest is only in kindergarten so she hasn't begun to learn yet but I suppose it won't be different than teaching her to print. So that I don't confuse her I look over her practice sheets and write the way the paper explains and simply practice with her more often when she's home. When she masters the skill she'll find her own way of writing like we all do. Now my concern is when my 4 year old starts school because she's left handed and writes differently and I don't know anyone who is left handed to even help her write the letters the same way she would.
    Anonymous

• Look up handwriting without tears. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• our school kindergarten program uses handwriting without tears! Seems to be a great program so far!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2010