Can you bake a T-Bone steak?

I asked a question about cooking it but what if I was to add all the spices and wrapped it up in foil and just let it bake slowly in the foil/oven? Dinner won't be here until another 6 to 7 hours...lol I have already thawd it out just waiting to cook it. Or should I marinate it then stick in the fridge until ready to put in oven.

Has anyone tried this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't bake it. Pan sear it.
    Anonymous

• Marinate then cook it under the broiler.
    Anonymous

• I've never baked it but I've broiled it... It's very touchy! You can go from a tender steak, to chewy rubber in minutes!

Cooks.com says: Brush steaks with melted butter and arrange in pan. Chop garlic and onion and sprinkle around steaks. Optional, add mushrooms.
    Roast in a preheated 375°F degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until desired doneness. If well-done steaks are wanted, cover with foil, reduce heat to 275°F and continue cooking 10 more minutes.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 1:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• then it would be pot roast and not a steak. you can marinate and leave at room temp. That is better for cooking anyway.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Baking at a low temp for a longer time would be the same as putting it in the crock pot - which I've done. t-bones are my favorite, and we grill them year-round - it's the best way to cook them IMO.
    Anonymous