What would you do if your SO asked for a DNA test to prove that the kids are really his?

If you had never cheated on him and never given him any reason to think that you had ever cheated on him or anything even close to it.... how would you react?

My fiance is basically saying that because our youngest son looks like me, not him, and because our relationship has been rocky for the last few years, he wants a DNA test done to prove that my youngest is really his... plus, the twins that I am pregnant with right now.

How would you react if you were in my place?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Id take the test and then sit back and watch him realize that he was acting like a moron... and I would probably rub it in for awhile.. but im spiteful like that. Better to take the test now and prove it to him than keep tension in the house.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If you have nothing to worry about then take the test and he will feel like a dum a**..

Anonymous

• i would be offended and hurt if i were in YOUR position... however, i am going through the same thing. there are legal issues when unmarried women have babies, or women who conceive less than 300 days after their divorce.
    Anonymous

• i'd want the test too. i'd never want him to keep wondering if the baby was his, whether you ever cheated or not.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'd do it to prove it, I would be hurt though.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would laugh at my DH but then again our kids look like both of us and we didnt have any "rocky" moments when we were having kids so I would be laughing at him big time.

If it makes him feel better take the test as long as he pays for it. But honestly you are the mom why wouldnt your child look like you?

My inlaws actually wanted me to take one with my oldest because they said i was lying about how far along i was lol, I just was very slim and get very big quickly and he was a big baby. They felt like idiots and DH just laughed about it and told them that he was there when we made the baby so he didnt need a DNA test.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If my husband came home and demanded one, my first reaction would be anger. Like- how dare you! I've never given you reason to doubt!! But then I would get it done because I have nothing to hide.

Plus I like to try and see things from other points of view. For us women we KNOW our kids are ours. lol. I mean, there's no mistaken it! But for men, that's pure trust and looks! So if I were a man... I might want a DNA test.. just 'cause who wants to be deceived and think you're raising your own kids if you're in fact not? Ya know?

So don't be too mad. It sounds like he may have some trust issues for some reason. Get the test done. Calmly prove him wrong, don't throw it in his face, and then he'll feel dumb all on his own, and then you can talk about what made him wonder.

Good Luck.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• give him the test. he can feel like an ass hole for making you feel like shit and not trusting you when it comes back that they are his.
    Anonymous

• This topic again? Do so many men really have their heads up their butts? I would get the test done but it would be the last thing I did for him other than serving him divorce papers.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Take the test then when it comes back that he is the father, leave him and take him to court for child support. There is no reason to be with him if he can't trust you about this. He obviously has issues and you don't need that.
    Anonymous