I cant get in the mood.

anyone have any tips to get in the mood? even if i wasnt in the mood with DH, I was still able to get off with porn. but i havent watched porn in a long time, havent had sex in over a week. my sex drive is gone... but this happens all the time, for at least a month- then it'll be really high for maybe 2 days and then it'll go back to nothing.

I plan on asking the docs when i go in May, but until then- any advice? I'm 21, only have 1 child. I am stressed, but i dont want our relationship to suffer b/c I cant sexually please him like how i want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• how old is your child? are you breastfeeding? it is normal for sex drive to be gone for up to a year or more after you have a baby. they also say that( this might sound weird) a breastfeeding mom gets the same hormones released through orgasm by breastfeeding and it can make it so you have really no physical need for sex. you can try things that are considered to be afrodesiacs (sorry about spelling) like oysters.
    Anonymous

• My child is 4 years and i didnt really BF.
    Anonymous

• It sounds hormonal. Talk to your doctor and get it balanced out.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• honestly i don't feel sorry for you "a week"? are you kidding me and you're only 21. wow nothing to stres out about. you are so young. and yes stress will do this to you. I am 34 and I am lucky if we have sex once a month - I know this is pathetic!!
    Anonymous

• lol thanks anon. its just weird. my sex drive used to be really high- like insanely high.. and now, its nothing. i WANT to get in the mood, i WANT to have sex- damn, even if its just with my toys- i WANT to have an orgasm... but i'm getting nothing!
    Anonymous