My six month old has a cold should I skip the solids and get him on all liquids?

He usually eats a few solid snacks a day but when I'm sick everyone says "drink plenty of fluids". Will that help him? I feel so bad I am trying everything.

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 1:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is nothing you can give him. make sure he gets the recomended amount of fluids and use a humidifier and baby vaporrub. at his age it wont hurt him if you do skip solids if you think it would help him.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have 3 babies and from my experience with colds and the girls getting sick, as long as they're not dehydrated and they are drinking plenty of fluids, they'll be fine. The doctors have told me in the past not to worry too much about them not eating. And I agree with the baby vapor rub and humidifier. It's hard to see them be sick but at that age there isn't a whole lot you can do about a cold.
    tiffalicious

Answer by tiffalicious at 3:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2010