I have a disabled son, with some heart conditions. We are planning a faily get away, I am just wondering is Disneyland better for him, or Disney world? I also have 2 healthy boys (15 & 12) PLEASE HELP!

Disneyland, Disneyworld, Disabled son, 3 teenage boys

toughenough

Asked by toughenough at 1:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are pretty similar. Disney Land is a little smaller and is in a dryer climate. Disney World has more theme parks around it, but Orlando can be VERY hot and humid. I am not sure if that is a concern for you. What are your concerns?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I am pretty sure both parks have accomodations for the disabled. Maybe you could call up a travel agency just to see what their opinion is between the two? I've only been to Disney World personally. I do agree with the other poster on Florida being much more humid than Cali. In that sense, Disney Land might be better.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• disneyland in anaheim has disneyland and california adventure...california adventure would be great for the older teenager kids, and regular disneyland is great for younger kids and has more "family" rides...you can buy a day pass so you can go to both parks in one day...i like disneyland better than disneyworld...disneyland has rides that are mild and some that are fast, just ask the people when you get to the parks which rides are okay for child with a heart condition
    Anonymous