Don't you think it's time others spoke out too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Ud3g2ymOM

So this is Angie, and she is having an abortion. She made the decision to talk openly about it because she feels it's time to demystify abortion. I applaud her for speaking out. How many women on this site have had an abortion, because it was the right thing to do for you and your family? Do you hide it? Are you made to feel ashamed of it? The best thing you can do for women's rights is to speak out about it. Stand up and say, "Yes I had an abortion. Yes it was the best choice for me. And; No, I don't regret it."

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 1:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I had an abortion when I was 21. It was the best decision at the time and I have no regrets.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• OMG! Give it a rest.. I've never had an abortion.. and I wouldn't either.. Mainly because I can't get pregnant as it is, so if I was to get pregnant, I would never terminate it.. HOWEVER, this is a site for mothers who love and WANTED their children. Why post this nonsense on here? You are just looking to get something started!
    Anonymous

• How many had one only to regret it for the rest of their lives and do the math every year around the time the baby would've been born to wonder what they'd be doing that year?
    Anonymous

• I don't regret having one. That was 16 years ago.
    Anonymous

• I had one when I was 19 and It did not hit me until I had my two girls what I did and what I missed out on..I regret it totally and I always calculate how old that child would be..Abortion is something no woman should be PROUD of.. I am still pro choice, it should always be a woman's right but would I do it again, NO WAY!

Anonymous

• i agree think about all those women who really deep down wonder about the child they aborted and how there life would be so diff. you can put up a front and say you had one your proud bla bla but deep down it hurts i'm sure.
    Anonymous

Fewer than you would have people believe, Most people who have them do it because it is the right choice for them.
    Also OP even Anon most people are not going to admit it for several reasons, 1) some people would have you believe they can find out your screen names as if there is some magic trick 2) why open theirselves up to get bashed even if they reply anon.
    Anonymous

• some people need to realize if there wast for abortion there would be thousands, maybe millions more starving children on this earth so piss off to those of you who critisize women for choosoing not to have a child that they wont be able to feed or cloth or care for. or women who choose to finish college and better tyhemselves rather than having a baby and possibly throwing away their potentioal. abortion is a great thing in most cases. i personally could not bring myself to make sucha choice but i am also a college drop out because i chose to have my baby. guess what it is a choice and no matter how you feel about abortion itself....are you going to step up and feed and cloth and care for that baby whos bio mom couldnt? if your not willing to take in those thousands maybe millions than shut your mouth and let each choose what is right for them!!
    Anonymous

• Yesss! Good for you!! I agree!
    I'm pro-choice because I'm on birth control, I'm married, we're responsible, but if I got pregnant right now? I'd def abort. I don't have the time, patience or finances for another baby! It would be the best thing for our family! And I wouldn't regret it.. because it's not like a 2 yr old you're just giving away.. It's not a baby you're attached to yet. I have 2 friends that are very college and career oriented and they've had abortions and they don't regret it all. (One was a condom that broke and one was abused.) There lives would have been very different had they gone through with the pregnancy. They're on the paths to being career women and then future wives and moms. And that's OK!! And some women (me included!) aren't cut out to put a child up for adoption. Sorry, no way. If I had a baby with my husband I couldn't just give it up, it would never happen. CONTINUED...
    Anonymous

• Fewer than you would have people believe,

Really? How do you know this, did you go around and interview every woman who ever had one? Because there are plenty of support groups for women who have had one and regret it. There are advocacy groups and psychiatric professionals who specialize in helping them. Seems a lot of effort for "fewer than you would believe"
    Anonymous