Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my brother should have a DNA test done how do I push him into it!

My brother was acting like a fool, scratch that, like a stupid idiot and thinking with his little head and got some I don't even know what to call her pregnant. So now there is a baby and she cheated on my brother and wants child support and fine, he has to pay it. All I want him to do is get a DNA test done. He is such a chicken shit that he is scared of her because she stopped letting him see the baby until they went to court. I told him she can't just do that and he said that if he pisses her off she'll not let him see the baby again. They were only together for a couple months and she was over at my house telling us that she couldn't get pregnant...she didn't have ovaries she was only 19. So all of a sudden she's pregnant...miricle. So my brother is taking night classes at the college and I guess she's leaving her 3 month old with her mom and she cheats on my bro. I have my doubts about this girl. What do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • She needs to file cs through the state so they will require a DNA. Tell him to do it all legally to protect everyone involved, even the child. If the child is 3 months old then he's not going to miss out on a lot if she pulls the "he can't see the child bs" until they go to court. Tell him to get it done or she's going to bully him forever. That would be a shame especially if it's not his kid. What if she's getting cs from other men telling them the child is their's too? He needs to think logically. What if something ever happened to her and he couldn't prove he was the father? Then he'd lose the child for good. Tell him to do it all right for the child's sake if not for his own.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • HE can also file with the child support division. If he is paying anyway he might as well do it through the system. He could also do a mail it in type of DNA test and she would never have to know, he swabs the baby and himself and that's it.

    Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • He needs to get a DNA test. Please explain to him that you are an idiot (no offense) if you do not get a DNA test if you have a baby with someone you hardly new. My DH had a daughter with a woman and everyone kept telling him how much she looked like him and blah blah....she wasn't his. He paid $450 a month till she was 7 and finally a man came forward to the BM and asked if that was his daugther. Sure enough it was. Emotionally and financially draining.....and stupid. He only knew her for like a year before they got pregnant and I guess she was not faithful. Hence the reason they broke up. Not a good idea to just establish paternity on paper. Especially these days.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • mind your own buisiness!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Don't you dare mind your own business. He's your brother and your concerned about him. You know the situation better than all of us. Isn't that the first thing the courts make you do is establish paternity? All that will happen is he get's the results and if it's his child than cool he pays child support and you all know for sure. The tab for the test goes on his child support. And he gets the legal right to see his child. So do all of you. Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.