What do you do for fun?

With money tight and good friends few and far between. What do you do for fun with your DH?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 1:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• We go to stores & browse. We go to book stores & read stuff. We go to the library. We go to the park & take a walk & talk.
    Anonymous

• We watch TV together.
    MJmom892

Answer by MJmom892 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i also need creative ideas. we're pretty tight on cash too and i feel like my marriage is in such a rut.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• my SO and I talk a lot. I'm a very serious person sometimes so he really gets me to lighten up and goof off.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Where we live there's a lot of nature trails to walk but any kind of scenery is good for a walk. We hold hands and cuddle and for some reason it always makes me feel closer to him. We have only a few close friends; friends that have kids and other things in common with us, and with everyone's busy schedules it can be difficult to get together but we always make sure to hang out twice a month even if we're just lounging around and cooking dinner for one another followed by a couple hours of TV or a few movies.
    Anonymous

• We pull the motorcycles out and go for a ride. They use less gas than the cars/trucks. We can go for a long ride for just a little bit of $$.
    jaymit

Answer by jaymit at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• We watch tv a lot. Good tv, not trash tv. History, Discovery, Food, etc. We love to learn things together. We also talk and talk and talk and talk. Four years together and we talk more now than ever before. In the summer we go camping almost every weekend. It doesn't cost anything more than staying home because we would be eating the same food anyway and where we camp there are no fees. We take the dogs somewhere that they can run wild for a bit so they will sleep when we get home. And weird as it may seem, we go grocery shopping together. Most of the time that is my chore, but sometimes he likes to come with me just to be with me. We are homebodies and like to stay home, we enjoy each other's company so we just don't feel the need to go out and entertain ourselves. We want a pop up camper so sometimes we just go looking as we can't buy right now. As long as he is by my side, I don't care what we are doing.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• We mostly stay home; watch movies, play PS3 together. He works until 10pm at night all week, plus having kids can make it dificult to go out.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010