I think my marriage is in a rut.

It seems like every time I try to make my marriage better by talking about it my husband just gets madder and things get worse. It's like he's perfectly happy with just not communicating, which is our biggest problem. His way of thinking is the less he says the better and the less he'll get himself into. I'm not mean or anything, I just feel like I'm married to myself most of the time. Sex is the only thing we do together these days n also dont talk at all. I can never have a normal conversation, do things get better from here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Some men are like that. They think we talk to much and anything more than what's necessary is excess to them. Men think communication should be purposeful and concise (not a lot of words but saying it in a nutshell). Learn to compromise. I know what I want to say to SO. He hates talking. I ramble on and love it. To communicate something important to him I have to type it out and edit and edit and edit to get it down from pages down to a couple sentences. If we speak, the main point has to be said in the first couple of seconds. It takes some practice but it can be done. You cannot change him but you can change your behavior.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Do you still go on dates? Just the two of you.
    Anonymous

• in the same rut u are. and i jsut take every day and appreciate that i have 2 wonderful kids that will let me lean on there shoulder if needed. i hate that shit. grow up and be a man is all i have to say.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 10:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2010