What are signs my dd is ready for potty training?

My dd is 20 months old. We bought her a potty recently because I am considering getting her started using the potty. I am kind of waiting for us to run out of diapers, which we will be out of by tomorrow. I read about the gerber training pants which I think we may get for her. Is this a good age to potty train. She tells me when she has pooped and peed in her diaper. Her diaper does still get really wet and poopy during the night though. During the day, she does go long periods without doing much in her diaper. If she is ready, how should I go about it? Thanks!

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1. she tell you when she has to go or has gone
    2. you can tell if she has to go

3she hates being with a dirty diaper
    4. she tries to take it off
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• now is perfect! i think when your child can tell you when they have a dirty diaper they are ready! teach her to start telling you before she has to go. Also you dont want to start them too late because you dont want them to become scared of the potty! good luck!
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 2:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010