.925 sterling silver will that turn my finger green?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No.
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Unless that is just what it is plated in, then no. That's the problem with a lot of jewelry that I've had.. most of it is plated, and the plating is what it's advertised as, not what's actually underneath.

http://www.jewelersdaughter.com/

I've bought a lot of stuff from them and never had a problem with them plating anything, it's always been pure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• oh.. and cheap :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No, real silver will not turn your skin green and if it has the number .925 stamped/ingraved on it, then it is in fact real silver.
    AmKariz06

Answer by AmKariz06 at 3:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have a stamped .925 sterling silver ring and it turned my finger green. It seemed when my hands got wet with that ring on is when it started turning my finger green. It is stamped with .925, I don't understand this, because .925 sterling silver shouldn't do that. *I have something that you can put on a ring that turns your skin green and it's clear nail polish - you paint the inside of the ring with CLEAR nail polish and it doesn't matter the brand, it will protect the ring from turning your skin green!*
    josephsmom330

Answer by josephsmom330 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2014