should i be worried?

my son is four months and has this real rattle in his cough and yesterday i noticed that he was wheezing when he breathed and he breaths kind of fast? when i was born i was put on a nebulizer because of asthma do you think its possible he has the same problem? and could the wheezing maybe just from the cough? he does just fine when he is sleeping but when he wakes up is when he has trouble!

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 2:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes! take him to the pediattrician...possibly has RSV which is common for babies right now. get him checked out
    Anonymous

• definitely speak to your ped. this sounds like a problem
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• he may have bronchiolitis a conditon that is the same as bronchitis but called different before two years of age go see the doctor my son had these same symptoms and that was the case
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You need to take him to the Dr today. Wheezing in an inafant is a red flag, he may need breathing treatments.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes, It's very possible. I have asthma, and it's gets worse when I have a cold or viral or bacterial infection. My son recently had RSV and now he gets cold that vary and he needs a nebulizer. I would bring him in to doctor right away! I was so happy that my husband and I kept going into the doctor when they finally did something. It starts as a cold and can get worse, especially this time of year. I wish you the very best and that your son gets better soon!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010