Christians and food

Do any christians eat lobsters?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL, ya
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Is there another way you have it cooked other then alive?
    Anonymous

• I'm a Presbyterian - we eat anything.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh, gee, here we go again.

Why do you pick some scriptures to follow and not others? Just say it.
    Anonymous

• I never have and never will, and I think cooking a living creature is cruel. But that is my opinion and has nothing to do with the Bible.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I don't eat Lobster but my dh does.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Why wouldn't we eat lobster?
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Because in y'all's Old Testament, believers are told that anything living in the sea that does NOT have scales and fins cannot be eaten. I assume the OP wonders why Christians believe some parts of the Bible should be observed while leaving others out.
    OP, read The Year of Living Bibilically. Short form, it would be impossible for anyone to live exactly, 100% according to the Bible.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Christians now eat anything because a sheet was lowered from Heaven full of unclean animals, etc and a man (sorry I can't remember his name) on a roof top was told to take and eat. He said never Lord have I eaten anything unclean to which the Lord replied: What I have made clean don't let man tell you it's unclean. (Paraphrased)

If you want I can hunt out the name and scripture for you. I believe it's in the book of Acts out of the New Testament.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I am not saying obey kosher laws. I am asking on moral grounds. Lobster are cooked ALIVE. If they aren't cooked alive then they release a toxin and you could get really sick from eating killed lobster. I am asking if you are christian how can you eat something that was BBQ'd boiled or whatever cooking method alive?!
    Anonymous