Has any of you had a child with dialated kidneys or a heart murmor please tell me the possibilities so I know what to look towards on our journey to good health for my son!

thank you...any prayers would be much appreciated

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• Hey there, my daughter at two days old was diagnosed with a heart murmor, at 3 days old i took her to a cardiologist she was diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect and Tetrolgy of Fallot. At 5 months old she has open heart surgery. She is now 15 Months old and is doing better than ever. :) Your son will be in my prayers, If you have any questions feel free to message me.
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My son was born with a heart murmur. All we did is go to a cardiologist and keep a eye on it. Most of the time the heart murmurs go away on its own. It took only 2 years for it to go away.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 2:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• thank you I hope all is well now
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• one of my twin daughters was born with a dialated kidney. at 6 months old it went away on it's own. a urologist will keep an eye on it. basically worse case scenario is surgery, but i was told that is rare. i think they are just more prone to urinary tract infections. anyways, trust me, i know it can be scary. i'll be thinking of you...
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My son had a heart murmur when he was born and it was VSD as well....which is a hole between the two ventricles of the heart. An ultrasound and echocardiogram can help diagnose how large and serious the hole is. My sons was pretty small and by the age of 1 year old it closed on it's own. I didn't know until he was diagnosed that on my mothers side almost all her siblings have or had VSD and many of my cousins (and on that side I have over 40) have or had VSD as well. Many still have VSD with NO problems or challenges from it, they live "normal" lives.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010