looking for a puppy

I really want a Boston terrier puppy. I can not find any in my area as I live in a remote small town, I looked on line to see if I could purchase one and have it shipped but I'm afraid of unknowingly supporting a puppy mill...has anyone any recommendations? I have already looked in the shelters and Have chosen this breed based on research to what would be compatible for my family

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Try craigslist. Or pick another breed. Your local shelter probally has a great dog that is about to be put down.
    Anonymous

• Or try petfinder.com

http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• google the breeds registry with the AKC and get a list of breeders from them. A good breeder will have a good website and contracts and questionaires for you as well.
    mammasamba

Answer by mammasamba at 3:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Have you tried a terrier rescue? If they don't have the terrier you want, they are really great about helping to find what you are looking for
    YourMomma5960

Answer by YourMomma5960 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Look for a Boston Terrier Rescue in your state or surrounding area
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Go on the AKC website and they have a place for AKC registered breeders. You can find one there and know that it is not a puppymill!!
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 6:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010