Have you miscarried? I need help...

I have a dr's appt tommorow so before anyone tells me that the only way to know if I in fact have miscarried is to go to the dr's please realize I am nervous. I have 3 children, one of which is 5 months old. I found out I was pregnant approx 5 wks ago (defiantly not a planned pregnancy) and did the initial check up with my dr who confirmed the pregnancy. On friday night I started bleeding red blood. (This started right after my DH and I had relations) It continued steadily through the night with minimual pain and then on saturday morning I passed a small pea sized shape piece of something. Then the bleeding stopped. Just like that. I spoke with my ob who really hasn't said much and Im just wondering if you had a miscarriage what was it like. Does this sound like a miscarriage to you? I haven't bleed since and have no other symptoms but all I can think about is what Im going to hear tommorow. Any help would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I should also mention that I would have been 8 wks pregnant at the time bleeding started...Thanks for everyone's help
    Anonymous

• When I had a misscarriage. I got really bad cramps and heavy bleeding with clots. I felt like cramp for a few days. I had the bleeding for 5 days.
    Anonymous

• I have had several miscarriages one at 10 weeks and it was way more than what you described,,alot of cramping and large clots,,,,I will hope for the best for you, please let us know what happens!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have had several miscarriages and yes what you are describing could have been. But I always passed large clots and you didn't mention them. I would think the only way to know for sure is an ultrasound because it's too early to hear a heartbeat.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 3:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i had no cramps but if the blood is clotty it means you've miscarried
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• No it wasn't clotty at all...it was almost runny (sorry if Im being to graphic) And they only thing I passed was that pea shaped thing...which was almost flesh color. Again sorry for being graphic. the blood was blood red and lasted roughly 15 hrs. It hasn't returned since and nothing else has gone on. If I miscarried, wouldn't I have gotten my period? Im sorry for sounding so stupid...this is my first experience with this...
    Anonymous

• It takes about six weeks for your period to return after a miscarriage. Note that you could still be pregnant. One thing that's pretty common is for you to start with twins and miscarry one very early, the other baby continuing to full term with no complications. Another possibility is a bruise to the developing placenta - that can cause red bleeding and even small clots.
    Without cramps and lots of clots, I wouldn't immediately suspect a miscarriage.
    One last possiblity would be a missed miscarriage - your baby has died but for whatever reason your body isn't termenating the pregnancy quickly.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 7:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I had severe cramps, I felt like I had to have a bowel movement, and SEVERAL large clots 2 about the size of my palm. From what you are saying it sounds like maybe you hurt your cervix which results in runny red blood.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It can also be that the pregnancy stopped at 5 wks and it has taken some time to come away, in which case what you described could be it... but it could also be just a little hiccup and the baby is fine. If so, then perhaps having all this has given you a real chance to think about how you feel about this new little person. At 8 wks an untrasound will show a definite heartbeat.
    Good luck, I hope it is all okay for you.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I WAS IN THE VERGE OF A MISCARRAGE I ALSO HAD BLOOD AND CRAMPS BUT II STAYED IN BED DIDNT GET UP FOR ANYTHING TILL I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY SAID I HAVE TO TAKE IT SLOW AND BED REST AND KNOW MY BABY IS 11 MONTHS OLD THANK GOD
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2010