After a child custody case does the court send papers to both parties or just one?

After a child custody case is the court suppost to send the court papers that is signed to both parties or just one?

alaskansglmom

Asked by alaskansglmom at 3:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• both
    Anonymous

• You may need to request them. My husband filed custody papers with the court through his lawyer - my stepson's mom just signed them but never got a lawyer. The only way she would get the papers is by asking us, our lawyer, or requesting them herself - it's not automatic...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• In my state they send them to both partys.
    Anonymous

• I was sent them but my ex wasn't. Now he just complains that he hasn't gotten them but it isn't my fault. I told him to ask for them from the court and he said that it isn't his job. Not like he really needs them it just says that he has supervised visitation anyway...nothing else.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 4:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• he needs to stop bitching and if he wants them then go get them himself. He's the parent, it IS his job if he wants to have the paperwork to go and get it. Some states send the papers to both parties, some states don't.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2010