How much can they take?

I was laying on my back, and my daughter (23 months), decided to try to jump onto me, and she knocked kind of hard on my belly. It hurt (I'm 16 weeks pregnant). Should I tell the doctor? How much can a baby take when it's inside?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you should be fine...there is a lot of padding/cushioning keeping the baby safe....ik.....i've had my 20 lbs cat pounce on my belly and my boyfriend constantly drops his heavy arm on my stomach when were sleeping....my baby is just fine....i'm 19 weeks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would call the doctor just to ask and let them know what happened. Are you bleeding? If your not then really I wouldn't worry to mush they are protected fairly good in there. I worked and was lifting 30-50lbs a day until I was 7 months along.
    Anonymous

• It takes a LOT to really harm a fetus from the outside. And I mean a lot. Like a major bludgeoning. That amniotic sac and fluid is an AMAZING thing and keeps them very safe. You're really, in all honesty, not in any trouble of it having caused harm.
    Anonymous

• They have all the skin and fat of your belly, all the muscle of the uterus, and all the amniotic fluid surrounding them protecting them from outside dangers. I wouldn't be concerned about it unless you notice spotting or bleeding. If you do, then contact your care provider.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2010