New to the area

How did yo meet new friends when you moved? ~

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 4:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I've lived here a little while and it has been hard to make friends. I'm in a church that doesn't have any other members my age. I made a few friends babysitting for another church. My DH is a minister and meets with other ministers, so I'm starting to get to know another minister's wife. But ultimately, I don't really hang out with anyone hardly ever. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• meetup.com I found a couple really fun playgroups for my kids. We have Mom's night out a couple times a month and it is good fun. I found it really hard to meet people the traditional way.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh, I wanted to add that you can make friends with the spouses of your husband's co-workers. I asked my husband who he liked at his office and asked about their marital status and children. I met another SAHM that is around my age with children around my boys' age.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2010