Help!

My son is 10 months old and he wont eat solids! He doesnt like anything! He will eat a couple of bites then scream, all he wants is his bottle. And Im trying to wean him from his bottle with no success. Help! What should I do?

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep trying.
    Anonymous

• he might not like the taste...try making your own baby food...if you've ever tried that store bought stuff its really gross....pur'ee some sweet fruits and give it to him
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• my son didn't like textures to many foods, what have you tried?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My son is 10.5 months old and he loves his bottle too. He loves baby food but he doesn't like people food that much. I still try to give him so people food and top him off with baby food. I will fill my son's bottle with water sometimes I think it will be a while before they are off the bottles completley my son's Dr. said they normally use them at least in the evening until 14 months old and he said that's ok. Sorry I don't have a lot of ideas but he wont starve if you make him wait a little and put him in his high chair and I always tell my son "mmmmm" and he will take a bite and say it too and I'll eat some or pretand to depending on what it is so he feel ok to eat it too. It's a lot of work, good luck. Hope I helped somewhat. :)
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 4:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Everything! Well, he DOES eat pears, and sweet potatoes. But thats IT... and only in the morning...
    Danielle875

Answer by Danielle875 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• try very smooth fruits like peaches, grapes, plums..... apples and pears tend to have a chalk like texture when pur'eed
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• mango is a good one too...thats very smooth and sweet
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Keep offering. But he needs to stay on that bottle till the first birthday. Formula is his primary nutrition till then.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• He might not be ready. It's too early to wean him; formula/breastmilk is still his main source of nutrition. though it is okay to put formula in a cup if he likes it. Keep offering table foods. Let him experiment.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2010