is ur hubby the same way if so help me out please

well me and my hubby will be married for 2 years in march well my problem is that i feel like he is starting to treat me like one of the kids. not like put me in time out or anything like that but he never lets me go out with my friends and then when i do he thinks i ways out with guys when i go out with my mom he thinks i am out with other guys i feel like he doesnt trust me and that hurts he was never this way when we first got together so how can i make him stop treating me this way please help

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG my dh is the exact same way I don't know why they act so different once we fell in to their trap it's like they lure you in and SNAP gotcha! I have tried to talk to him and he just says stuff like (I don't act that way) or I am just freakin out I can not get him to understand me it does make me mad that he is this way. I honestly think they are insecure of themselves. I don't know about you but he has a fit when I even step out with kids tries to give me that guilt trip about we don't need to be spending money you need to be at home...he says (What if something happens and I can't get to you) he works weird hours. I can understand the part where what if I break down on the road but come on what are the chances on it happening right when he says it...GL Hang in there u r not alone...sigh!
    Anonymous

• talk to him....my boyfriend/FOMC.....has the same problem....i think its insecurity...i just tell him "look i love you, we have a baby together, i'm not gonna leave you but i need to have fun and live my life and you need to respect that i don't want to live my life cooped up in the house"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I wish I had an answer to your question but unfortunately my situation is opposite of yours. Seems like my husband doesn't care enough about what I do sometimes. Have you tried to talk to him and ask him to explain why he has been so controlling lately? The only thing from my own experiences is when a guy gets thats way he is usually up to something himself and is afraid you will be up to the same thing. I am in no way saying that your husband is doing something wrong I am just trying to take a guess on the situation. I hope you get things figured out. I know it's hard to get men to talk things over and listen to you but in this case it really needs to be done.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• find a way to compromise...
    Anonymous

• you need to talk to him. obviosly he thinks he cant trust you......find out why.what i have found is that these kind of insecurities are either based on the past, hes been cheeted on or he himself has cheeted and feels you may do the same.
    Anonymous

• That is very typical behavior of a jealous, controlling man.

Have a talk with him about it, if you wish, or get counseling, but please, please be careful and observant. In most cases, this behavior only worsens.  Many women don't make it out of these abusive relationships.

Anonymous

• i agree with anon809pm. insecurity is the main feeling. plus a narsistic personality can add to the problem too. but do b careful because he can get worse and u dont c it coming as u r in the raeationship and this sort of thing happens slowly. so, be careful. good luck. if u r being abused make a plan to get out in a safe way.
    Anonymous

• He's jealous and insecure.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010