I am pregnant but only weeks along, but I don't want to tell my co-workers yet how can I go about it?

Here is the thing, I usually talk to everyone at work and once in awhile they ask me when's the new baby coming, well I am pregnant now but I don't want to say I am pregnant just yet at least not until I am past my first trimester. But I also don't want to deny being pregnant either, do you know what I mean? Should I just answer "I don't know soon?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If they are asking it in a joking manner I'd answer with a joking response until you are ready to share the news. If they ask, say something like, "Well, I have next Tuesday free, so maybe that would be a good day," or "My husband said it couldn't be during football season, so we'll have to wait and see." Or you could reply with a question back at them like, "When's your baby coming?"
    Anonymous

• I always said "when all our ducks are lined up" I would never tell anyone besides my DH and twin sister before 12 weeks. I waited longer with my 2nd DD and I told my co-workers around 5 months. I'm close with them all but they also understood why I kept quiet.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 5:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Guess you never should have let them know you were trying. Either way it's none of their business. Since you opened the door though I guess you should just say hopefull soon.
    Anonymous

• OP: I never let them know we were trying. Thanks for your input.

Anonymous

• I'm kind of in the same boat. I was about 10 weeks pregnant and someone asked me if I was. I don't know this person really well and it was in front of whole room full of other acquaintances. I just lied. I said that I wasn't expecting. I had a miscarraige a few months ago and some trouble getting pregnant and I just wasn't ready to tell. When I do finally feel comfortable to tell everyone (I'm 12 weeks now) I will make it a point to apoligize for lieing. But I feel that if you are not ready don't tell! It's your business and I'm sure they will understand later.
    Anonymous

• My response would be "when it's ready". Simple, direct, not a lie, and not really giving anything away either.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You talk when you are good and ready.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2010