Are pregnancy different when you are pregnant with multiples vs. singletons?

Of course only a mom who has had both can really answer this one for me lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first pregnancy was twins. Now I'm carrying a singleton, and it is soooooooooooo much easier so far. I was extremely tired the first time....this time I was tired in the first trimester, now pretty much normal. I also had to stop working in the office at 24 weeks with the twins...not only doctor's orders, but I was waddling pretty good by then. It was hard to get up and down the three flights of stairs to my apartment, plus I walked a few blocks to work. I did work it out so I could work from home, though. Heartburn was worse with the twins. They also came over six weeks early due to pre-eclampsia.

Hopefully, my baby girl will stay in longer and not need a NICU stay.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• you'll feel more kicking when you start to feel kicking....all pregnancies are different...you'll get bigger and like i said feel more kicking but other then that it'll seem like a normal pregnancy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It's always different, but multiple pregnancies are generally worse and symptoms are exagerated. I had extreme morning sickness with my singleton, and I also had it with my twins. Aside from the morning sickness my singletom pregnancy barely slowed me down at all, but with my twin pregnancy every pregnancy symptom was magnified - I was beyond tired, terrible heartburn, trouble sleeping, and just all araound uncomfortable. I actually had less kicking with my twins - once they got big enough to kick hard they were too cramped to do it.

I have heard very few twin moms say their twin pregnancy was easier than their singleton pregnancies, but there are a few who had that experience.
    Anonymous

• I had 3 single pregnancies then twins. It was very different for me! I got bigger so much faster, I was so sick first 3 mos, my back ached starting at 4 months, I had shooting pains down my legs, ended up on bed rest due to premature labor, and had c section. I didn't have these issues with single babies. I'd take 2 single pregancies over a twin pregnancy any day! Also had babies in hospital for 10 days which I hated. It is so much nicer to take babies home with you when you go home!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Very different
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2010