If you knew for a fact that hell was not real, would you still be a Christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• And Hel has existed longer than there was a bible, but that doesn't stop anyone from claiming it as their own special place
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• This is a moot question. without hell, there would be no satan. without satan, no sin, no temptation. satan is all that is evil. There has to be both.
    yes, i would still be a christian. i mean i would rather live forever in paradise than just "poof" out of existence.
    but i think that to believe in jesus you must believe in satan. even jesus was tempted by satan.
    and therefore you must believe in hell.
    i live my life my best to honor god, not the world. the world can disagree with me, persecute me, call me names, but that won't change anything.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• What missbreezy said. She stated it well.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i know nothing fact based about religion because there is no fact based reigion therfore i do not believe in it anyway.
    Anonymous

• miss breezey..."hell" has always existed even before Lucifer was cast out of heaven.
    Anonymous

• ARe you only a good person to avoid going to HELL ? That would be awful. I really don't believe in Hell but I am good because my conscience demands that I be good. I could not live with myself if I did something bad and illegal and wrong in anyway.For example, if you knew you would never be discovered while committing a crime,would you do it? I would not. If you did commit the crime and never got caught,would your conscience bother you ?
    Being a good person is essential even without Hell...or Heaven.
    Anonymous

• Um... I'm not Christian and don't believe in hell... But there are total denominations that don't believe in hell and continue to be Christian... So that's not the only reason some of them believe. I know there are those like my DH that are only Christian out of fear, but I don't think that's the majority.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'm a Christian and I dont believe in hell. Satan is roaming the earth. which explains why so much bad is happening here.

Revelation 12:12

12"For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.
    Anonymous

• There are many Christians who don't believe in hell - I happen to be one of them. I completely reject the concept of a place of eternal damnation as contradictory to a God of love and compassion.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i dont believe in hell and im a Christian. i also dont believe in a literal Satan...but then i dont believe the Bible is supposed to be taken 100% literally either...so theres that haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010