Are tattoos painful?

Futuregirlzone

Asked by Futuregirlzone at 5:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i didnt really feel pain with mine. i guess it depends on the sesitivity of the area you get tattooed.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• There are many factors that determine how painful a tattoo is. Size, location and detail are three. Your own tolerance to pain and another. I have a low tolerance, got a smallish tattoo and its on my ankle and I will admit I couldn't sit still because I thought it was super painful. But then I have heard others say there was no pain at all.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes, its like your skin is on fire, it just stings/burns. I got mine on my lower back tho, one of the more sensitive areas.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes. But not unbearable. I have only two tattoos, but I plan on getting more. Everyone's pain tolerance is different, but when you get a tattoo, you are being cut. You do bleed and scab over. It isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but I didn't think it was too bad. I have one on the front of my ankle that was pretty intense when he went over my shin bone, but when he was done with the outline I was pretty numb, and was able to relax some. I have a very small one on my ribs that barely phased me.
    The location (on your body) that you get the tattoo will affect how bad it hurts also. And, like I said, everyone's pain tolerance is different. Good Luck if you decide to get one, and feel free to ask me questions. I know I only have two, but a very good friend of mine is a tattoo artist, and I know quite a bit about them.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 5:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Depends on where you get them but yes there is some discomfort when you get them. I have 4. The one on my ankle hurt the most.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• it sound funny but the bigger they are the less they hurt because your skin kind of goes into shock. Tatttoos dont hurt they are just uncomfortable, the only thing is you want to put a lot of thought into the tattoo you want because there is no going back and tattoo removal hurts worse than the tattoo itself
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 5:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Of course. They ARE painful. And they cost ....its not worth the money or the pain. Trust me.
    Anonymous

• Pain tolerance and location I think are the biggest factors in whether tattoos are painful. I have one on my lower back, and it didn't hurt, really. I also have one on my outer ankle that mostly just stung until the tat artist hit my ankle bone. Then I almost passed out in the chair it hurt so bad.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I think they're more annoying than painful. It reminded me of a cat-scratch, over and over. I was in the chair about an hour each time.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• The pain is temporary, the stupidity is permanent
    Anonymous