Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I sue him or what?

me and my "husband" are seperated... we have 4 kids...our oldest is 6. We are gettin divorced but are still legally married --so question 1. is can i sue him if we are still legally married

2. I completly take care of our children..we have been living apart for a few months and he has seen them rarely ( he says he is busy working, but yet he has been around town) ...I pay all of our bills at our new house, I buy everything for them now.... and he has only given them a few dollars here and there ( when he has visited he gave them each $20 to buy a toy) .... thats it.

We had an agreement that he would keep the kids on his insurance, and once our divorce was final, I would get onto my own insurance, but he would keep the kids on his ( other insurances wont except me since we are still married) ..

One of our kids broke his arm ( playing sports) I took him to the ER ..and also to follow up appt. * continued*

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (7)
  • only to find out he took all of us off of the insurance -- and now I am stuck with these bills that i cant really pay ---- he could have easily told m he was taking us off -- I would have gotten them on some kind of insurance, Im sure.... but he didnt....

    He is very successful, and makes almost double what I do.... they are no doubt his children and we were married for 12 years...which it took me that long to figure out he was cheating with every woman that worked for him....

    I have emails of us talking about this agreement --where he clearly says he will keep us on the insurance -- do I have a claim

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • you can sue for anything...... first of all you need to file child support. that will enforce the medical insurance and make him pay his share of raising kids.

    Answer by cassie_m at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Even though you're 'only' separated I know there's such a thing as legal separation. That might just be separate households or it could mean papers drawn up through a lawyer.

    I'd call a lawyer or legal aid and get some opinons. It's not fair what's happening to you!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • My child support agreement has our deductibles split, he pays 76% and I pay 24%, I have 10 days to get him the bill once I receive it and he's got to pay by the due date, he's also responsible for keeping her insured or paying her insurance cost if I carry her. His insurance company shouldn't have let him remove you guys w/out proof that you already were legally divorced or separated unless it was open enrollment. But he should be made to pay by your judge if you have proof that he was going to keep you guyscovered. Bringit up when you file for child support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • I would file for child support at least and they will make him responsible for the insurance. If you have the means, go to an attorney and get cs and see if you can apply for spousal maintenance. He needs to get that insurance thing fixed or dish out the money. You don't need to sue him, just send him the bill. He's still the head of the house and responsible for his children's medical bills.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Get a lawyer and get a good one. With that skunk him good.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Sue for cs, and let him keep the insurance on the kids Talk this over with a lawyer asap.

    Answer by annie610 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.