Would you be upset if the American dollar had the phrase "In Allah We Trust" or "In Shiva We Trust" or "In Goddess We Trust" instead of "In God We Trust"??

Would you even go so far as to protest against it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As long as that dollar can be spent. I don't give a damn what they write on it.

I personally am much more concerned with the value of the dollar (which sucks by the way) than what's written on it.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Nope. Not at all. As long as it functions the same then it doesn't matter in the least.
    Although having the flying spaghetti monster on there would be epic!
    Anonymous

• In the Invisible Pink Unicorn we trust!!!
    Anonymous

• not me...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• How about of they didn't have a phrase like that at all? No God, no Allah, nada. What does any diety have to do with money????
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I guess back when they first made the American dollar, people believed and trusted in God. What kind of horrible people lived back then? Sheesh!
    Anonymous

• FYI - "Allah" is just the standard Arabic word for God - like saying "In Dieu we trust" (Dieu if French for God) or "In Dios we trust" (Dios is Spanich for God). It's silly because it's mixing two languages not because of a different god. In English "God" is the general word for a diety and not necessarily a specific diety - Shiva is a specific diety so that would be troublesome since it's promoting a very specific religion which goes against the US Constitution. (Although I know some people think that just using 'god' in the general goes against the Consitution, but Shiva is far more specific and is very clearly unconstiutional). Goddess just sounds weird to me - better to just remove the pharse all together.
    Anonymous

• i am actually upset they have Gods name on money, id be happier with it off!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Answered at 2:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I guess back when they first made the American dollar, people believed and trusted in God. What kind of horrible people lived back then? Sheesh!

Crack a history book. It wasn't on money until way after that.
    Anonymous

• oh you mean the IOU's before constructive dollar bills?

Well that wasnt money...

And since the first president, we've had "In God We Trust" on our money.
    What bull...
    Anonymous