Why dont friendships last??

It seems like friends never last for long anymore, I try so hard to make friends and keep them, my sister says I am too happy for people and it can be over whelming for some, do you think that is the case. My one close friend who I dont see that often says I have a lot of energy too. Does anyone else have this problem??

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 5:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I have that problem with friends I've made since school. It's mostly that they've been really dramatic or messed up, emotionally, and I couldn't deal with it. Wish I had more patience!

My best friends are women with whom I went to school.
    Anonymous

• People change, and it's not uncommon for some friendships to fall by the wayside. I think your sister is being silly.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• All my "friends" only call me when they need a babysitter or to borrow money. My bestie is my cousin she does things for me and I do things for her, it's not all about her! I mean I don't mind babysitting but don't ONLY call me when you need me to watch your kid. It'd be nice if they'd call just to say hello from time to time.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• There is an old saying that goes "There are friends for seasons and friends for reasons." I have only ever had the short-term "seasonal" variety. In every case of a friendship coming to an end or mutual parting of our ways, it's was always that I was "too happy, and carefree!" LOL That's funny, because my life has so NOT been a bowl of cherries!!! But, you see, I've never been much of a drama-queen and I never air my personal problems to women--I hate all the backstabbing b!tch fests and cattiness! :o)

Besides, misery loves company! I'm okay with being happy, because I don't want to be around "doom and gloom" types all the time! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I love that answer LoriKeet!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Same problem here. Seems like we should all be friends with eachother. I have always thought that drama filled girls are drawn to me. I actually just stopped talking to my friend because her life is just too messed up. It got to the point where I didn't care that she was "homeless" for the 5th time in a month because her mom kicked her out again (she's 25), and I didn't care. I knew then, that I couldn't be her friend.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Certain people come into your life for a reason, and they leave your life for a reason. The time spent knowing that person is just where you are meant to be at the time. Then time moves on, people change, circumstances change, and that's just how it is. I take it all with a grain of salt. I have very very few friends that have been around for the long haul.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010