Kids and Tea

Is there a thing on tea like there is with juice? When can a child drink tea? We have wild berry flavored tea and it tastes just like juice but with no sugar and no calories. And its decaf. Do you let your kids drink tea?

JuneWestling

Asked by JuneWestling at 5:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids drink decaf tea they're 20 months and 5 years old....I rather give them tea than soft drinks.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Ok thats a sheww! I thought I was doing something wrong! He gets his limit of juice the first part of day of 4 oz. I triple dilute his juice, but he is constantly drinking juice, water, milk and wanted to give him more options.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 5:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My kids have had iced tea since they were old enough to drink out of a glass. It is the 'house wine' of the south and consumed in great quantities by the masses.
    Anonymous

• Daddy is a coffee drinker and I'm with the tea. And since obviously coffee is a no no we do tea. Is decaf coffee ok? I never thought about that one. Tea that has caffine in it has more than coffee FYI.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 5:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My daughter drink's decaf coffee with her daddy lol
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• With everything having loads of sugar, calories and caffenine in them I feel limited. I also give my son koolaid but instead of putting a cup of sugar in I put 1/4 cup. It gets water down anyways so the sour taste isn't that bad.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 6:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yea I usually water down the sweeter drinks a little bit they dont complain :D
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My son drinks decaf iced tea almost every day...his Dr. says its fine...he loves to make sun tea in the summer. It's much better for them than all those sugar drinks...not that my son doesnt drink them because he does just in moderation.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I wondered the same thing. there are some types of herbs I thought kids were supposed to stay away from though..I just can't remember where the heck I read that ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

Thats what I thought but maybe its not that big of deal? I tried to look it up and didn't find anything
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 6:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2010