Have you ever visited the SKIN DEEP website to see what is in your baby products?

I am not going to mention any particular company here as it would not be fair to call them out. But I beg you to go to the SKIN DEEP website. Ie the COSMETIC DATABASE for safety and learn more about your personal care and baby products.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

You can skip where they ask you for your email and review in detail the website for information. I was astonished.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• I don't buy any body care products without checking the safety of the ingredients first. I am a HUGE supporter of the Environmental Working Group; they do great work.

Isn't it interesting that those of us who reseach items that go in and on our families make drastically different choices than those who don't research?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• No I haven't and I'm not going to. Alarmists everywhere will have us all believing pretty much anything we buy is bad for us our kids or the environment etc etc etc. Quite frankly I believe that stressing out about every little tiny thing in the products we use is what will kill us all first.
    Anonymous

• Alarmist. That is funny. Ignorant but funny.

It is good to have a database like that. It is like having a dictionary for words or a label on your food. I think it is good.
    Anonymous

• I find it interesting that a mom would be willing to actually PAY to put something on her baby that may not be so safe. And I agree with the above...it is those who are informed and research that make the changes.

You know... it was once ALARMIST to think cigs were harmful.
    Anonymous