Yes, stupid pregnancy test question... How can it be so hard to read?

I took a test this morning and not a single line appeared! Took dh to work and when we got home around 1, the line that's always supposed to show finally came but no negative or positive lines in the "answer" area...... Am I broke or is that thing broke? Have had some weird things going on with my period so I decided to try a test and that didn't even work right!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No line at all is an invalid test. It could also be what someone else mentioned and you just didn't get it wet enough. If it worked the first time, then using it a second time won't give you any kind of new result. I would suggest peeing in a cup and dipping the stick. You can watch the moisture move across the screen. If it still doesn't give you any sort of answer, get a new one.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• get a diff test
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• There's a time frame to read the test within, make sure you read the directions and do it exactly as they say. Try again tomorrow with your first urine of the morning, lay it flat, and read it within the time frame suggested. With mine, I was about 6 weeks along, and the extra line appeared while I was still peeing on it (TMI I know) but the point is, do it exactly as they say for an accurate reading.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would get a digital test.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• One time I took a pregnancy test and didnt get enough pee on it... I didnt wanna buy a new one so I reused that one lol, I know gross...but it worked and I was pregnant. So maybe u just didnt pee on it enough, its hard to tell.
    Anonymous

• i think first morning's pee is supposed to have the most "hormones" and will make the test easier to read...
    Anonymous

• It means the test was a dud. Usually the directions say that no lines means an invalid test, so go get a new one.
    Anonymous