So in other words...

some one once told me that before the MAN comes from the sky, everyone on Earth will have had a chance to recieve/reject the gosspel.

So in other words...
Everyone has to be introduced to Christianity? What about babies? What about the people living in the jungle? What about the those who have impared sences, like hearing, seeing, and talking? What about the kids that are old enought to understand, but not capible of full comprehension? What the fact that for every life there is a death? How could EVERYONE possibly KNOW?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's what THOSE people believe, said with respect not a put down. People who believe in a supreme being or way other than God believe differently.

Believe what you want but for your heart's wellbeing live with respect of differences though not necessarily liking differences.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It's absolutely impossible for every living person on earth to be introduced to any one religion... There are always going to be millions of Children out there! And the idea that a 2 year old can possibly understand the bible is just ridiculous... My mother used to tell me that parents are responsible for kids- but how fair would that be? Just because your parents don't follow my rules, I'll doom you to hell? Come on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• ummm.... its figurative language as is most of the Bible. Sounds like you do not have the critical thinking skills necessary to discuss religion. Even non-believers that can think on a deeper level understand the Bible, they may not agree with it or believe it, but they understand it. It sounds to me that you are too literal in your thinking to have a debate on religion, you may want to pick a different topic.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• soyousay

CRITICAL thinking skills is NOT a description of religion at all!

Stop trying to be a bitch, and try accurate literacy.

Anonymous

• in dante's divine comedy, those who are good but don't know (Christian) God go to the first level of hell... it's nice enough, but they must live with the knowledge that they will never KNOW Christ...in the story, this is where Hippocrates and socrates went...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 6:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Not being a bitch at all, just saying- there are those on both sides that are able to discuss religion in rational way. Sadly, from the way you phrased your question- you are not one of them. There have been some excellent discussion on CM about religion and the bible. Believers and non-believers alike are able to discuss the topic if they are able to think on a deeper level- you do not appear to be one of them.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• and try accurate literacy.

You may want to re-read your original question and its misspellings and horrible grammar before throwing out something like that.
    Anonymous

• And no one answers her question. Is there some rule that says whoever asks a question has to be well educated, a critical thinker and good with words/grammar?

why not try actually answering the question rather than put her down?

From what I understand- they will not necessarily go to hell -or be seperated from God- I'm sure a believer can help me out as to how or why (I can't seem to find the explanation anywhere and I know it has been explained on here before)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Wow. BIG question ... lots of assumptions to get corrected before one could even BEGIN to address it.

Kinda like trying to explain a cell phone to someone utterly unfamiliar with electricity - or batteries - or TV - or broadcasting - or satellites - or transmitters - or transistors/circuits - or computers ....

LOTS of groundwork ... LOTS of misconceptions written right into the question ...

We spend decades of our lives learning to understand technological things, why would we expect something as vast and deep as the meaning of the world to be discussed without intensive study?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i found this scripture. I might be wrong but maybe those people are the ones that the bible is talking about. I know this is about inheriting the land but maybe they could be talking about the same people.

Proverbs 2:21

21For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the men of integrity, blameless and complete [in God's sight], shall remain in it;
    Anonymous