Daniels for President?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/02/gov-daniels-doesnt-want-to-run-in-2012-but-he-might/1

Interesting. Definitely not a Bushy pub by any sense of the word. He is everything the neocons are not. Course he's also a very love him or hate him kind of a guy, but the bottom line is, he gets things done, and what he gets done works. (and the dems here REALLY hate him for that)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well....if the DEMS hate him, I just might have to check this guy out further!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• He is also thoroughly despised here for making the state switch to daylight savings time. As a result, our neighbors in Chicago, Michigan and Ohio are now slightly less likely to refer to us as backwards hicks when they try to make business calls into the state between April and October - oh the humanity :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

•  

LOL, NP!!  If that's their MAJOR complaint, then I HOPE he runs!!

And from what I just read about him, I LIKE him--even the "Green Mommies" will like him too!!! :o)

http://www.mymanmitch.com/index.asp#

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Well he also had the nerve to contract out our toll road to a private company who has kept it in better condition that it ever was when it was State run and provided $250+ million in relief funds to the counties along it. I gave up talking politics around here locally at that point, nobody who opposed it could give me one good reason (same as the daylight savings argument).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Does it ever end with this guy!???! (sarcasm) LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Well he also had the nerve to contract out our toll road to a private company who has kept it in better condition that it ever was when it was State run

I would vote for him. However, the reason the toll road is better is because the trucks won't pay the higher fee and travel down US 20 all the time. That road is now being torn up and the trucks are going non stop down it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• He speaks fluent Spanish which won him support from the Latino voters in Indiana. He balanced the budget. So....I read about him and he sounds good.
    Anonymous

• What is his special interest? Who are his big campaign donors?

Anonymous

• He doesn't really have "big" donors, at least no one field over another:

http://www.mymanmitch.com/admin/generated_exports/web_reporting.pdf

Biggest one on the list is the Republican Governors.  There's the usual 10k here and 20k there from the usual suspects, unions, walmart, etc, a few energy PACs. He's into green energy, not because he's an environmentalist wackjob, but because we have soybean farms here and he wants alternative energy to take up some of the slack from the RV and Chrysler jobs that were lost here.  His main "interest" is that he's a fiscal conservative.. 

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• *Rereading that it looks like I'm selling him - I'm not really, because I'm sure the Palin/neocon camp Pubs will do everything they can to try and bury him if he really runs. If he does run and makes it to the primaries, though, I know who I'm voting for.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2010