Arent God and the Devil just examples of our lower and higher human nature?

God shows all the evil characteristics as the Devil is quoted to have. Jesus on the other hand seems to be another example of human nature, who is mindfully aware of who he is.
so...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its open to interpretation.

Anonymous

• Well, yes and no. I don't believe in the Devil, but I also don't believe that the Gods are infallible... The Abrahamic views of God as being perfection and the Devil as being pure evil is definitely a reflection of the two sides of human nature... But I think that tends to be something that is only a belief among Abrahamic believers and not one that represents the beliefs of all religions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Esoteric sects believe that Christ is an allegory of the higher self. The devil is then an allegorical representation of what blocks a person from join with his/her higher self. These beliefs and the rituals that are associated with them are often viewed as heretical and even witchcraft by some mainstream Christian denominations.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• How do you figure that God shows all the evil characteristics that the Devil has?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• um... god is all that is good. yes, he has destroyed things, cities, etc, allows bad things to happen, but only to destroy evil. (yea i know non-christians will come at that with "does that mean that its ok to kill non-believers?" etc. not the point)
    satan is all that is wrong/bad.
    technically it can represent our "higher and lower" selves, but they both exist... maybe the don't represent them but CREATE them.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Good and evil is inside us and that is too scary for most .some have to believe that the Devil and God are real so that they can deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I know the devil is real I believe I saw him! He is skinny and has a grey beard and lots of wrinkles, if that was his head I saw floating! I believe it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• God is real, I saw a magical rainbow at a very hard decision in my life for good or evil and I chose good saw a rainbow of light on wall out of nowhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• All that Jehovah has done, does and will do, He does to benefit mankind. Giving his son Jesus as a ransom for us all is the ultimate example of this. On the other hand ALL that Satan does is for his own sake and pleasure always and only.
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 4:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• LOL This reminds me of the little angel and the little devil sitting on Tom & Jerry's shoulders.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2010