Is it healthy to be drinking soymilk while your pregnant?

vatsanaannie

Asked by vatsanaannie at 6:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try rice, hemp, or almond milk.

Soy contains compounds that can mimic estrogen and interfere with your already surging hormone levels. It can contribute to weight gain, fat gain, and endocrine imbalance. The marketing hype about soy is bogus. It's not a miracle food. It's really not very good for you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It is better for you than dairy. Humans were NEVER intended to drink cows milk... I kinda wonder sometimes, how we bagan doing so. Was it a dare? 'Dude, I dare you to go suck on the cow wang!!!' lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I don't see why not.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 6:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Obby, cow's milk does NOT come from it's "wang". OP, I have no idea, we're real-milk drinkers in our house. But after doing some research on soy I've decided we'll never use it, for anything - too many weird side effects.
    Anonymous

• I think it may be better for you than regular milk b/c it's got more vitamins in it. I had to drink it when i was prego b/c real milk made me throw-up.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• LMAO @ anon- It's a joke... You know, for people who have a sense of humor?

any BTW "Real Milk" comes from the mammary glands of HUMAN beings. You know, those bi-pedal creatures who are obsessed with "cow wang juice".

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010