If you have diabetes...?

Did you have symptoms? What were they? How did you know that you needed to see a DR?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• Well symptoms of high blood glucose levels are frequent urination, sudden weight loss, extreme thirst, feeling tired and run down. Symptoms of low blood glucose levels, which diabetics can suffer from as well are feeling hungry, shaking, dizzyness, feeling lightheaded. With both too high blood sugar levels and too low levels one can feel dizzy, confused pass out and even go into a coma....and even death.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago when I decided to get a full exam when I had a miscarriage. My A1c (a 3 month average of blood glucose levels) was 11! Which is an average of about 270. A non-diabetic won't go above 100, anything about 100-120 is enough to diagnose someone as a pre-diabetic and anything over 120 is enough to diagnose one with diabetes.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2010