DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!!!

i have a 6 year old daughter that is in school me and her dad are seperated and i have full custody of her wile her father has visitation rights and i have a good reason to belive that all he does is spoil her dosent make her clean, dosent displine her which i think is a bid issue! just pretty much lets her get away with anything! and hasent told her NO! she just got back from her fathers sunday, and now today she comes home from school with an additude dosent want to eat or do anything and just says that she want to go to her dads and she dosent want to go to school anymore (in wich we are having school issues with her not doing said schoolwork)
she also has said that she dosent want to go into the first grade.... and she dosent want to be anyones friend! at this point i have already have has coversation after conversations with her im on my last string what can i do to make things better with my daughter????? please help!

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!!!!! she cannot skip on school work. she cannot skip on school, she cannot refuse to do her chores. take everything away. video games, tv, toys, everything and tell her if she wants no responsibility she gets no privilage because privilage is earned through responsibility. as adults if we are not responsible we lose everything. we lose our homes, cars, sometimes our children and that is what we are here to teach them. good luck and i hope you can turn this around before she is out of control. i let my 8 year old get out of control when she was 5 and it took almost a year to make her accept responsibility. be a hard ass if you have to.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My daughter's bio dad does the same thing when he gets visitation...and it drives me NUTS...but then again, if you think about it...it's what you would do too..If I only got to see my daughter once a week...I would spoil the hell out of her too. I wouldn't be able to be the "bad guy" and tell her no...because I hardly got to see her...you know what I mean? So try to understand from his point of view. I know it sucks because my daughter comes home thinking she can do and get whatever she wants and it is so hard to deal with sometimes...but you just have to be patient and understanding. As for the school issue, I'm not sure what to tell you. Try talking to guidance counselors there...idk good luck
    Anonymous

• You may want to try getting her some counseling not a shrink ( who will medicate her instead of getting her to talk about her issues) just a counselor. You said your husband and you are separated children tend to act out when a big change happens like that and not always right away. It's always easier to talk to a stranger esp. for kids they don't have to worry about hurting mommy or daddy's feelings. Just a thought.

dorsey3

Answer by dorsey3 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2010