Did you feel less confident with your body after you had a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Strangely enough I felt more confident even though I was heavier and had mommy stripes.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I can honestly say that I never gave it a thought. My husband has always thought I was beautiful and after 45 years of marriage, he still tells me that, even though I weigh a good 50 pounds more than I did when I was a new bride. It is a shame that so much emphasis today is placed on a woman's looks that she cannot even enjoy the wonders of motherhood and not be concerned about the fact that she doesn't still look like Twiggy. The truth is that real beauty is inner and when we are beautiful on the inside, we are beautiful on the outside, at least to those who really care about us.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh yea. I just had my baby 2 months ago and I felt so unconfident. But then I thought about it. I have stretch marks and look this way because I nurtured a baby and I am proud of that.
    hayliesmommy20

Answer by hayliesmommy20 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I am very Unconfident w/my body. I have cried over it because my clothes doesnt fit the same i just had my 2nd baby 2months ago. My hubby tells me he loves me even though I have strech marks. =( But I have 2 healthy beutiful little girls. When i start to feel sad i just think of my lil girls how healthy they are.=). Im going to start working out asap. I know thats going to give me my confidence back. I know my body is never going to look the same as before but, thats what some of us "moms" lose when we have babys. Not all mom fel this way.
    Anonymous

• Look at the miracle that your body is! You grew and are nuturing a baby human!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I had my son 4 months ago and I still don't feel confident about my body. My husband actually pointed out last night that I was showing signs of depression, possibly due to my body.
    so1986

Answer by so1986 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• ohhhhhhhhh yes. I did.
    but as time has gone bye it's gotten A LOT better. I lost all the weight (and then some!) and the stretch marks have faded. just give your body time to bounce back.
    :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• well after i had my baby i lost like 40lbs & my boobs were huge that look like breast implants. but my stomach wasn't flat anymore. but i'm planning to get rid of it really soon.
    Anonymous

• I hate my body since having my children. But I would do it all over again, it's worth it.
    Anonymous

• after my first I did but not as much as I do now after my second. My extra large babies jacked me up!
    Anonymous