I have a Mirena IUD and I'm on my 3rd period in like a month and I just noticed there's this little piece of plastic string on my pad....?

It was tiny and looked blue and it's definitely plastic but it's just a tiny bit and I'm not in any pain or anything....is that normal? Does that mean there's something wrong with my IUD?

nessani28

Asked by nessani28 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• I've been on the mirena twice. The first time everything was normal and fine...the second time I started getting a "period" like every two weeks and it would last a whole 7 days or more. And then i went to my OB and they did an ultrasound and found out my mirena was sitting too low, literally SCRAPING my insides, causing the bleeding all the time. i would go see your OB and have them take a look at it...that would be the smart thing to do.
    Anonymous

• no thats not normal...sounds like it worked its way out of your body...same thing happened to me...now i'm pregnant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010